Multimedia

Dec 13, 2011

The Portland Bazaar

This past Sunday, my friend and my mom and I ventured to The Portland Bazaar, a weekend event to promote mostly regional vendors who have interesting products, books, drinks, plants, and sweet treats to share. The event was coordinated by three generous folks who love to spread local cheer; Grace Bonney from Design Sponge, Greg Hennes from Antler and Co., and Matt Pierce from Wood and Faulk. I was lucky enough to meet Grace Bonney right before her book signing and was delighted by how generous, enthusiastic, and real she was.

Her book is a wonderful collection of inspiring homes and interior decor, DIY tutorials, and creatively designed products. Not a bad Christmas present (or a Happy Tuesday present for that matter). After looking through her blog or book, it is easy to see why she wanted to showcase the vendors at the bazaar. Each booth I walked into lead to an 'Oh My God, look!' moment or an idea of a new way I could redecorate or a cool book of typography that I needed to have.

The event was advertised in small boutiques and upscale thrift stores around town (which was how I heard of it) as well as Twitter, where it was soon trending. Here are some of my favorites:


The heart reads "sweet tits."


Just in case you haven't had enough chocolate.



Attaches onto your bike, in case you prefer beer over water while gettin' your sweat on.







No comments:

Post a Comment